About me: I am a PhD candidate in Mathematics at the University of Minnesota. My advisor is Vic Reiner. I will graduate in May 2023.
I am currently supported by a three-year UMN College of Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship . Before that, I was supported by the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program.
News: I am no longer on the job market! In June 2023, I will start a (short) postdoc at the Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences (MiS) in Leipzig as part of the Nonlinear algebra group. Then in October 2023, I start as an NSF postdoc at LACIM in Montreal. I will then join Brown University as an NSF postdoc and Prager Assistant Professor beginning in summer 2024.
Contact: Email me at braun622 "at" umn.edu.
Research: I study algebraic combinatorics and its intersections with representation theory and algebraic topology. See my research page for more details.
- I am a co-organizer of the Mathematics Project at Minnesota, a weeklong workshop for UMN undergraduates that come from groups traditionally underrepresented in mathematics. The workshop runs annually every January. We are very grateful to be supported by the MAA Tensor Women and Mathematics Grant.
- I am a co-organizer of the Graduate Online Combinatorics Colloquium. If you are interested in speaking, please let me know.
- I co-organized the (virtual) Graduate Student Combinatorics Conference on April 23-25, 2021 at UMN. All talk recordings can be found here.
Recent and Upcoming Activities:
- July 20, 2022: Speaking at FSPAC at the Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore, India.
- September 17-18, 2022: Speaking at the AMS Central Fall Sectional Meeting Special Session: "Algebraic, Geometric, and Topological Combinatorics" at University of Texas at El Paso in El Paso, TX .
- October 1, 2022: Speaking at the AMS Northeast Fall Sectional Meeting Special Session: "Young voices in combinatorics" at University of Massachusetts, Amherst in Amherst, MA.
- October 2, 2022: Speaking at the AMS Northeast Fall Sectional Meeting Special Session: "Geometric aspects of algebraic combinatorics" at University of Massachusetts, Amherst in Amherst, MA.
- November 7, 2022: Speaking at the Brown Combinatorics Seminar at Brown University in Providence, RI.
- November 19, 2022: Speaking at the Northeast Discrete Math Workshop at Smith College in Northampton, MA.
- January 4-7, 2023: Speaking at the JMM Special Session: "Research communities in algebraic combinatorics" in Boston, MA.
- January 10-13, 2023: Organizing the Mathematics Project at Minnesota at University of Minnesota in Minneapolis, MN.
- February 7, 2023: Speaking at the UCSD Combinatorics Seminar at UCSD in La Jolla, CA.
- February 8, 2023: Speaking at University of San Diego in San Diego, CA.
- February 10, 2023: Speaking at the UC Berkeley Combinatorics Seminar in Berkeley, CA.