I am currently supported by a three-year UMN College of Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship . Before that, I was supported by the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program.
Contact: Email me at braun622 "at" umn.edu.
Research: I study algebraic combinatorics and its intersections with representation theory and algebraic topology. See my research page for more details.
News: My extended abstract Eulerian representations for real reflection groups was recently awarded the FPSAC Best Graduate Student Paper of 2021! (Thanks to Tom Roby for capturing the moment.) Here are the slides for this talk and a recording of the talk.
- I am a co-organizer of the Mathematics Project at Minnesota, a weeklong workshop for UMN undergraduates that come from groups traditionally underrepresented in mathematics. The workshop runs annually every January. We are very grateful to be supported by the MAA Tensor Women and Mathematics Grant.
- I am a co-organizer of the Graduate Online Combinatorics Colloquium. If you are interested in speaking, please let me know.
- I co-organized the (virtual) Graduate Student Combinatorics Conference on April 23-25, 2021 at UMN. All talk recordings can be found here.
Recent and Upcoming Activities:
- July 20, 2022: Speaking at FSPAC at the Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore, India.
- September 17-18, 2022: Speaking at the AMS Central Fall Sectional Meeting Special Session: "Algebraic, Geometric, and Topological Combinatorics" at University of Texas at El Paso in El Paso, TX .
- October 1, 2022: Speaking at the AMS Northeast Fall Sectional Meeting Special Session: "Young voices in combinatorics" at University of Massachusetts, Amherst in Amherst, MA.
- October 2, 2022: Speaking at the AMS Northeast Fall Sectional Meeting Special Session: "Geometric aspects of algebraic combinatorics" at University of Massachusetts, Amherst in Amherst, MA.
- November 7, 2022: Speaking at the Brown Combinatorics Seminar at Brown University in Providence, RI.
- November 19, 2022: Speaking at the Northeast Discrete Math Workshop at Smith College in Northampton, MA.
- January 4-7, 2023: Speaking at the JMM Special Session: "Research communities in algebraic combinatorics" in Boston, MA.
- January 10-13, 2023: Organizing the Mathematics Project at Minnesota at University of Minnesota in Minneapolis, MN.
- February 7, 2023: Speaking at the UCSD Combinatorics Seminar at UCSD in La Jolla, CA.
- February 8, 2023: Speaking at University of San Diego in San Diego, CA.
- February (date TBA), 2023: Speaking at the UC Berkeley Combinatorics Seminar in Berkeley, CA.