I am currently supported by the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program. Before that, I was supported by a three-year UMN College of Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship .
Research: I study algebraic combinatorics. Specifically, I am interested in reflection groups and their connections to combinatorics, representation theory and algebraic topology. See my research page for more details.
News: My extended abstract Eulerian representations for real reflection groups was recently awarded the FPSAC Best Graduate Student Paper of 2021! (Thanks to Tom Roby for capturing the moment.) The slides for this talk can be found here and a recording of the talk is available here.
Contact: Email me at braun622 "at" umn.edu.
- I am a co-organizer of the Mathematics Project at Minnesota, a weeklong workshop for UMN undergraduates that come from groups traditionally underrepresented in mathematics. The workshop runs annually every January. We are very grateful to be supported by the MAA Tensor Women and Mathematics Grant.
- I am a co-organizer of the Graduate Online Combinatorics Colloquium. If you are interested in speaking, please let me know.
- Last spring I co-organized the (virtual) Graduate Student Combinatorics Conference on April 23-25, 2021 at UMN. All talk recordings can be found here.
Talks and Travel for the 2021-2022 academic year:
- September 17, 2021: Speaking at the UMN Combinatorics Seminar in Minneapolis, MN.
- September 28, 2021: Speaking at the Dartmouth Combinatorics Seminar in Hanover, NH.
- October 18, 2021: Speaking at the Cornell University Combinatorics Seminar in Ithaca, NY.
- October 26, 2021: Speaking at the Research Community in Algebraic Combinatorics Monthly Seminar on Zoom.
- October 18-November 5, 2021: Visiting Cornell University in Ithaca, NY.
- November 20, 2021: Speaking at the Northeast Women in Algebra and Combinatorics Conference on Zoom.
- December 3, 2021: Speaking at the UMass-Amherst Combinatorics Seminar in Amherst, MA.
- December 9, 2021: Speaking at the The CAGE (Combinatorics, Algebra, and Geometry) Seminar in Philadelphia, PA.
- January 11, 2022: Speaking (via Zoom) at FPSAC 2021 (postponed from July 2021 due to the pandemic).
- January 11-14, 2022: Co-organizing the Mathematics Project at Minnesota in Minneapolis, MN.
- January 31, 2022: Speaking at the The UC Davis Algebra and Discrete Mathematics Seminar in Davis, CA.
- February 2, 2022: Speaking at the The University of Oregon RATCOW Seminar in Eugene, OR.
- February 10-11, 2022: Participating in the Research Community in Algebraic Combinatorics workshop at ICERM.
- February 25, 2022: Speaking at the Colby College Mathematics Colloquium in Waterville, ME.
- March 23, 2022: Speaking via Zoom at the Graduate Online Combinatorics Colloquium (GOCC).
- April 3-8, 2022: Attending WINART 3 (Women in Noncommutative Algebra and Representation Theory) at Banff International Research Station.
- April 22, 2022: Speaking at Harvard/MIT Combinatorics Seminar at Harvard University in Cambridge, MA.
- May 13, 2022: Speaking at Le Seminaire de LaCIM at UQAM in Montreal, Quebec.
- May 16-20, 2022: Attending OPAC at University of Minnesota.
- June 26-30, 2022: Attending WARTHOG at University of Orgeon in Eugene, OR.
- July, 2022: Speaking at FSPAC at the Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore, India.