About me: I am a fifth year graduate student and PhD candidate in Mathematics at the University of Minnesota. My advisor is Vic Reiner. I did my undergrad at Reed College. After that, I spent a year at Smith College's Post-Baccalaureate Program for women in mathematics.
I am currently supported by the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program. Before that, I was supported by a three-year UMN College of Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship.
Research: I study algebraic combinatorics. Specifically, I am interested in reflection groups and their connections to combinatorics, representation theory and algebraic topology. See my research page for more details.
Contact: Email me at braun622 "at" umn.edu.
- I am a co-organizer of the Mathematics Project at Minnesota, a weeklong workshop for UMN undergraduates that come from groups traditionally underrepresented in mathematics. The workshop runs annually every January. We are very grateful to be supported by the MAA Tensor Women and Mathematics Grant.
- I am a co-organizer of the Graduate Online Combinatorics Colloquium. If you are interested in speaking, please let me know.
- Last spring I co-organized the (virtual) Graduate Student Combinatorics Conference on April 23-25, 2021 at UMN. All talk recordings can be found here.
Talks and Travel for the 2021-2022 academic year:
- September 17, 2021: Speaking at the UMN Combinatorics Seminar in Minneapolis, MN. My talk slides can be found here.
- September 28, 2021: Speaking at the Dartmouth Combinatorics Seminar in Hanover, NH.
- October 18, 2021: Speaking at the Cornell University Combinatorics Seminar in Ithaca, NY.
- October 26, 2021: Speaking at the Research Community in Algebraic Combinatorics Monthly Seminar on Zoom. My slides can be found here.
- October 18-November 5, 2021: Visiting Cornell University in Ithaca, NY.
- November 20, 2021: Speaking at the Northeast Women in Algebra and Combinatorics Conference on Zoom.
- December 3, 2021: Speaking at the UMass-Amherst Combinatorics Seminar in Amherst, MA.
- December 9, 2021: Speaking at the The CAGE (Combinatorics, Algebra, and Geometry) Seminar in Philadelphia, PA.
- January 2022: Speaking at FPSAC 2021 (postponed from July 2021 due to the pandemic).
- February 10-11, 2022: Participating in the Research Community in Algebraic Combinatorics workshop at ICERM.
- April 3-8, 2022: Attending WINART 3 (Women in Noncommutative Algebra and Representation Theory) at Banff International Research Station.